I have a full face of makeup on. Moisturizer, primer, eyeliner, mascara, false lashes, red lipstick, contoured cheeks, pink blush, gel nail polish, under eye circle concealer and radiant face powder. I must be going out, right? Nope! I got my Ipsy bag today!!!! Read on to find out what Ipsy is and why *you* should sign up! Ahem. Please use my referral link if you do cause I get points and such. Thanks, dolls.
Getting your Ipsy bag is always a great excuse to go makeup crazy no matter what you might have going on that day.
Okay! Here is what I got from left to right:
- Cover FX Mattifying Primer – I really like this product. It went on extremely smooth and I didn’t need a lot of product to cover my whole face. It definitely has filled in the imperfections on my skin. It’s clear which I am fanatic about. I already wear concealer and cc cream. I don’t need a primer to tint my face.
- City Color Mousse in White/Gold – I used this to add color to my lower lashes and water line. It’s really very pretty. The only way for me to describe this texture is.. mousse. It’s light and fluffy. You don’t need a lot of it. I dipped my finger in it and took a precision brush to line.
- Cailyn tinted lip balm in Apple Pink – Errrr. I’m not sure how I feel about this just yet. I tried it on before I put on any other kind of makeup.. hell, I tried it on before I even showered. Do you notice how sometimes certain products will just look odd without having the rest of the face done? I’m hoping that is the case with this. The packaging is interesting. The top actually pops off and reveals a little brush to apply the product. After about 10 minutes of having it on I did find that it dried out my lips so I’d have to use my EOS balm underneath for extra moisture. We’ll see.
- Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil in Black Velvet – I was not impressed with this product. In fact, I thought I was doing something wrong because of how many raved reviews it got. The product really is 24/7 though. I tried taking it off after practicing with it and it was damn near indestructible. The line it produces is not as dark or precise as I would have liked it. I will still use it. It’s a good product but it’s definitely not what I was expecting.
- Kiss Looks So Natural false eyelashes in Shy – Reviewing this product is proving to be difficult. This is the first set of false eyelashes I have ever tried out. First, I had to watch youtube videos on how the hell to apply false lashes. After a few tries, I got them to looking acceptable. I think the look came out great. I am immensely pleased with the product and I will probably buy another set. These lashes should be reusable if I handle with care. We’ll see. Here’s a few photos I shot with the products I used.
Now that you’ve seen me rave about the beauty products I got and then showed you pictures. Let me tell you about Ipsy. Rather, let Ipsy tell you about Ipsy because this is copied directly from their website:
“Each month, subscribers will receive a beautiful Glam Bag with deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products. Members can watch and play along with the stylists with the same products that they are using. All for only $10 a month.”
That sums it up. You sign up for $10 a month. Every month you get products in a cute cosmetic pouch. Easy right? Click this link to sign up so you can start getting your Ipsy bags as soon as possible!
And now that my post is finishing up, it’s time to take off my makeup, cleanse, moisturizer, use under eye cream and settle down on the sofa with a book. Considering watching Magic Mike later. Any kid, ladies? 😉
Have a FAHbulous day everyone!